Hey, I'm back but no so much

As much as I like cinema, there are certain times in your life you find yourself not doing what you like, am I right? Either because you're way too busy with other stuff, that being your work or other subjects personal life related, but sometimes you find yourself a little bit lost in the confusion that we so call life.

I miss writing on my blog so much. After getting a new job I stopped my reviews because the movies didn't have a fit on my new schedule. Slowly, I got away from the movie scene. I passed from knowing everything there was to know, from next projects to what was going on every week, from press conferences and all those funny stuff to not knowing a damn thing. Last Thursday I went to the cinema after going there for the last time in... Well, I don't even remember. How about that? I went to see the new Tarantino movie and since then I feel like cinema should have a space in my life even if only in honor to this special project of mine.

So let's do a quick recap to some movies I've seen since 3 days ago.

Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood



You know the first time a director puts Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt together, that man can only be Mr. Tarantino. I must say his 9th movie (and presumably the one before the last of the last he will ever make) is a delight. I have to be honest with you though: I was a little bit confused with everything that happened because apparently I am not as smart as I like to think. I didn't know anything about the Charlie Manson nor Sharon Tate so it's not weird if I tell you I was beyond confused with pretty much everything. But thank God there is this thing called the Internet and a quick search got me contextualized. I was so much more into the story on the day after which allowed me to finally conclude that I really enjoyed it (we all have those moments where we don't know if we liked a movie or not). Since I don't wanna spoil anybody I just have a piece of advise: go watch it because you will not regret it for sure. From the soundtrack to the most amazing performances, from the story of male friendship to a blood bath (typical Quentin), from the jokes to that happy-ever-after ending, everything is an amazing experience.

5/5


Bumblebee



I am pretty aware my colleague already wrote abou this (well, at the end of the day it is my blog) but I only got the opportunity to watch this movie on Friday. I am not sure I am able to be as generous as him on his appreciation since I felt like Bumblebee is more of the same. I didn't feel particularly touched by anything nor surprised. Yes, it entertains you but it's still not as memorable as the first one. I must say, however, it is pleasing to see a girl fixing a car. Go guuurl!

2/5

You're Next


Although from 6 years ago, I never heard about this horror movie so you can only imagine my excitment on this and specially because it was not bad at all. You know I am a pain in the ass with this genre and so for me it does not qualify as an horror movie buuut considering everything I do understand why people would think of it as it is. First things first, again with all the women power stuff, how thrilling is it to have a feminine character who's a badass? In this movie you have suspense, lots of blood, a turning point not-so-surprising, but still valid, and a considerably scary mask (they always help). It is entertaining and satisfying for those who just like blood baths in general and some sort of graphic violence withouth being too much. A must watch but not even a little bit scary.

3.5/5

John Wick 3


I remember when I heard about John Wick. A badass movie based on violence and a revenge for a dog. Simple plot, effective movie. After that I had my doubts about a second one. I must say it wasn't as good and neither as exciting but I enjoyed it. So the expectations for the third one were high. As you can understand I am pretty late on watching this since it debuted on our theaters about two months ago. Unfortunately I must say I was not missing anything since this one is pretty terrible. I think when people try to put some sort of substance into a very simple action movie, with a rubbish story behind including an organization called "The Table", there's not a chance that can go right. Not to mention how long the movie is because everything was a fight scene - which is fine because that is the core of John Wick - but seriously, there was no need for scenes that long. Besides being boring it is kinda exhausting. I am pretty sure there is going to be a fourth one which is ridiculous and you cannot count on me to watch it. Just stay away from this.

1/5



Okay guys. So that was it. Maybe I will see you later. Thanks for reading.

Mensagens populares